International Technology, China Market; Global Reach, Local Roots
- Over the past several years, Cheerland has invested in over a dozen biotech projects in the US and Europe. Among these several companies already went on IPO on NASDAQ or became public companies through reverse merger, including Guardant Health, CRISPR Therapeutics, Synlogic, Turning Point Therapeutics, and most recently, Compass Therapeutics.
- The investment portfolio covered a wide range of cutting-edge biomedical areas: immuno-oncology, gene-editing therapeutics, cancer MDx, big bio-data and AI-assisted drug discoveries, robotic devices, and third-generation biochips and sequencing technology.
- Our experiences in investing in and managing international projects afford Cheerland the unique advantage of forming joint ventures by in-licensing from these portfolio companies.
- Cheerland has also been very active in investing in start-ups in China, mostly acquiring controlling equity shares, as well as M&A deals with established companies.
- Cheerland is forming venture funds with LPs including local governments. Also with the presence of financial heavyweights (e.g. Dr. Weihua Ma) on our team, working with the capital market will be a significant strength going forward.